Have you purchased the Einkorn Pancake and Waffle Mix yet? I got it at Young Living Convention and have been excited to experiment with it. On the side of the box is a crepe recipe. I have never made crepes, but I love them, so I decided to give it a try. If it is your first time as well, my tip to you is double your recipe. It takes a couple tries to get it right. (Oh, and the syrup comes out fast!)
EINKORN Crepes with Lemon Filling and NingXia Berry Syrup
3/4 Cup of Einkorn Pancake Mix
1 Cup of water (or milk of your choice)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice (Yacon Syrup, Blue Agave, cane juice crystals, etc..)
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1. In a blender combine Einkorn mix, water or milk, eggs, vanilla, sweetener, salt and melted butter. Blend until smooth. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat a skillet over medium-low to medium heat and brush with oil.
3. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet and tip to spread the batter to the edges.
4. When bubbles form on the top and the edges are dry, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden.
5. Repeat with remaining batter.
1/4 block of 8oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Sweetener of choice
1 tsp. Vanilla
4 drops Lemon Young Living Essential Oil
Cream above ingredients together. Smear a Tbsp. of the filling on your finished crepe while it is still hot and then fold it in half, and then fold over the sides.
DESCRIPTION (back of box): Gary’s True Grit Einkorn Pancake and waffle mix combines ancient einkorn wheat and other healthful grains with a special blend of ground legumes, added for a concentrated source of protein and fiber, making this a nutritious and tasty meal that will be enjoyed by the entire family.
Einkorn is the original “staff-of-life” grain, known as the oldest variety of wheat, which dates back to the beginning of time. Einkorn’s natural genetic code and low gluten levels make it a superior choice because of its compatibility with the human body when compared to the modern , hybrid wheat of today.
Einkorn wheat is easier to digest, so nutrients are better absorbed, thus promoting the proper functions of the digestive system.
Today, Young Living is helping to bring einkorn wheat back to its rightful prominence in the world.
Gary’s True Grit Mix has 0.53% gluten content